Stay active and feel better
At Lakewood Park Manor we care for our seniors as a whole person. That means we want to be sure that everyone is socializing and staying active. We also understand that not everyone enjoys the same activity or level of energy certain activities require. Therefore we offer an array of fun things to do and our seniors are free to participate where and when they choose. Some of the fun things our seniors enjoy are bowling on-site in our very own alley, learning a new recipe during our cooking classes, getting out and about during one of our shopping trips or relaxing with a friendly game of bingo.
Whatever activity our residents choose, they are always laughing and enjoying themselves. Leading an active life at any age is important.
Lakewood Park Manor also offers seasonal activities to our seniors. It's not uncommon to see one of our seniors petting a goat or feeding some grass to a rabbit while enjoying a petting zoo that has set up on our grounds for the afternoon. In addition, we enjoy all the spoils of what the different holidays have to offer, such as an Easter Egg Hunt or a costume ball during Halloween, or a Memorial Day BBQ. Friends and family are always invited to these events, making them even more enjoyable for our seniors.
Pet Therapy with Shelby, our Labrador, and Susie, our Parrot, is the most loved activity that we offer here at Lakewood Park Manor. All of our seniors wholeheartedly enjoy the unconditional love that Shelby provides and the heartwarming antics that Susie displays. Our pets visit with our seniors regularly, at least four times a week in either the senior's room or in our common areas. Seniors can also join Shelby for walks around the facility, inside and out.
Please take some time to read our recent newsletters
Activities Enjoyed Inside and Out Include
- Crochet classes in one of our two common rooms
- Billiard and Bowling Tournaments in our Game Room
- Exercise classes to get the juices flowing
- Quiet time to enjoy the newest best-seller in our Library
- Enjoying the fruits of labor by planting a garden in our private courtyard
- Belting out a tune on Karaoke night with friends
- Attending spiritual services or bible study groups
- Movie screenings complete with concessions
- Enjoy visits from various different pets to reep the benefits of pet therapy
- Friendly games of Bingo played on a weekly basis
- We schedule weekly trips to the local shopping outlets for the convenience of our seniors